The Blog with the Search Engine for Statistics

Friday, August 1, 2008

Community Data Websites and Data on Communities

Found a great blog by Ben Warner that has links to some other Web 2.0 communities that share statistical data and even work together to merge data sets. Ben (even though I don't know him) introduced me to Data 360 which is really worth exploring if you are looking to merge some data sets. Data 360 is chock full of statistics on the US Government, Energy, Global Issues and all that fun stuff. On a lighter side is My Visuals which prides themselves in their pretty pictures. If you look through the hubs and datasets you'll find data on population, education, labor, fuel, deaths and even cereal bars. There's over 500 so you will probably find something useful - or at least interesting.

If you are an advocate for community reform, pay a visit Ben's Blog Community Indicators. You will find links that are useful for every facet of community development research. I'll be adding his useful links to our future blog post with a list of free statistics.

Take a few minutes to explore these three data filled websites and you'll be thrilled that you did.

Then take a break and do some shopping!

2 comments:

Ben Warner August 15, 2008 at 6:39 AM  

Thanks for the comments -- I hope you continue to find my blog useful!

I like what you're doing here. The world can use a few more folks trying to make sense of the data out there.

Statistics to Share August 15, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

Thanks Ben - It's an honor to see you visit!

Hopefully somebody can use our data to support community wellness programs and gather the proof they need to get support to help others!

(I love your ad free blog by the way...I'll be getting rid of some of mine...)

#WAD08 Bloggers Unite World Aids Day

About Me

My photo
Never Never Land, TN, United States
Mom of six kids (30, 27, 25, 22, 21, 13) in a far-from-average-statistics family. Freelance SEO Content Writer on the side. If I can help you in any way, shoot me a virtual letter at writerightforyou at gmail dot com.

Blog Websites



Blog Flux Directory Reference Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

bloggers.com

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP